Stretching Is A Key Component In Keeping Your Joints and Muscles Healthy, Strong and Resilient To Injury
The need for increased flexibility is vital for the young and the aging. During the adolescent growth spurt when the bones grow faster than the connective tissue elements of the body can adapt, the resulting tightness leads to decreased coordination, agility and performance and often results in injury and various growth related conditions.
During exercise our muscles shorten and the connective tissue must be stretched to maintain full range of motion and good posture.
As we age, connective tissue naturally tightens and begins to lead to functional limitations. These limitations lead to altered mechanics of the joint and eventually joint wearing (Arthritis). It is the one aspect of aging we can reverse; with regular stretching we can maintain flexibility.
The Robert Forster Physical Therapy/Phase IV stretching program has been honed over 30 years of experience with athletes ranging from 7 to 70 years old. Discover the safest and most effective stretching techniques to help you perform better, prevent injury, improve your range of motion, and aid in your recovery from exercise.
In this clinic you will learn:
– The safest and most effective stretches for each part of your body
– How to incorporate a safe and effective stretching routine into your active lifestyle
– The importance of stretching in developing healthy joints and muscles for life
– How stretching aids in the recovery process and helps to prevent injury
– The performance benefits of a proper stretching routine as it pertains to sport and exercise
– How stretching improves your range of motion, resulting in improved athletic performance
*Come dressed in clothing that allows for easy movement, as this is an interactive clinic.
WHEN: Saturday, January 12th at 1:30pm
WHERE: Phase IV – 1544 20th St. Santa Monica, CA 90404.
Robert Forster, PT, Founder & CEO of Phase IV and Forster Physical Therapy, National Spokesperson, Author, Physical Therapist to 42 Olympic Medalists, NBA and Grand Slam Champions and Member of the Governor’s Council on Physical Fitness.