Winter training is crucial to your success in cycling. Improving your base this winter will increase your ability to produce sufficient power in relation to your body weight. i.e. You need a favorable “Power to Body Weight Ratio” to do the big days in the mountains and high intensity speed days. However the majority of this power must come from your Aerobic Engine System and therefore requires a lot of flat riding. Sounds counter-intuitive but it is a Scientific Fact!
Your Base training must include a periodized weight training regimen and physiologically specific & slow (low) heart rate climbing. Preparing now for next season with low intensity heart rate training will not only increase your Aerobic Base but will make you a “Better Fat Burner” and allow for sustainable weight loss. Increasing your base this winter will increase your fitness and let you set new and loftier goals for next season.
At this lecture you will learn:
• How to improve your Power to Body Weight Ratio
• Why winter is the perfect time to optimize your base training
• How Base training is key to sustainable weight loss
• How to decide when to go fast, slow down and when to climb
• Why you must climb aerobically to conquer the mountains
• The importance of weight training to increase your climbing fitness
• Why there are only three important days of training on the bike each week
• Climbing techniques used by the pros
• How the proper bike fit facilitates great climbing techniques
Presented by Robert Forster PT, Physical Therapist, Author, National Spokesperson and Performance Specialist who has helped athletes win 43 Olympic Medals, NBA and Ironman Championships and Grand Slam Titles. He is an avid cyclist and has completed seven of the toughest multi-day cycling events in the world, including the TransAlp Challenge, La Ruta de los Conquistadores in Costa Rica and the B.C. Bike Race.
WHEN: Wednesday, January 16th at 7:00pm
WHERE: Cynergy Cycles – 2300 Santa Monica Blvd., Santa Monica